Last Modified: October 30, 2021
This Policy also provides you with information about how to access, review, and correct information that personally identifies you, how to set privacy preferences and opt out of certain uses and sharing of information, and your rights under federal law and this Policy concerning your personally identifiable information.
The terms “Open Wireless,” “we,” “us,” or “our” refer to Open Wireless Internet, LLC. The term “you” refers to you as a subscriber to our Services.
- What Information Do We Collect?
Open Wireless collects different types of information when you subscribe to, use, and/or access our Services. We may permit you to setup secondary accounts, and if you do, we may collect similar information in order to establish and maintain those accounts. When you allow others to use or access the Services through your account, we collect information about their use, as well. We also may collect usage data for our portals, such as security data, failed password attempts and data that will help us improve the effectiveness of our internal tools and dashboards.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us when you use the website, create an account or when you call us, use online account tools, report service issues, or otherwise communicate with us. This information includes:
- name and contact information (for example, billing address, service address, email address, and phone numbers);
- demographic information, such as age, date of birth, gender, and postal code;
- location information, such as street address, to determine if Services are available at your location;
- payment information, such as your payment card or bank account information, expiration date, authentication code, billing address;
- information you provide to verify your access to the Services, such as user names and passwords;
- correspondence and other communications records, including records of calls or online chats with our representatives.
Information We Collect When You Use the Services
When you use the Services, our website, network, or service delivery system automatically generates, transmits, and collects information about your account and use of the Services, which may include:
- your account number;
- billing, payment, and deposit history;
- maintenance information;
- the device identifiers and network addresses of equipment used with your account (such as the IP address, the type of device, operating system, and web browser);
- records indicating the number and types of devices connected to our network;
- technical information about your Service-related devices, including customization settings and preferences;
- network traffic data;
- information about your use of the website, including dates, times, and duration of use of the website Services
- information about your use of the Services, including Internet or online information such as page views, and website navigation patterns; and
- additional information about the Service options you have chosen.
Information We Collect When You Use the Website
When you use the website, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as through
the use of:
- Web Beacons – A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about actions of the user opening the page or email containing the beacon back to a web server.
- Third Party Analytics – Third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the website and user traffic. This is used to track the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns.
Information Provided by Third Parties
We may also obtain data and information about you from third parties. For example, when you request new or additional Services or features from us, we may obtain credit information from credit reporting agencies. Also, if you rent your residence, we may have a record of whether landlord permission was required prior to installing our services as well as your landlord’s name and address. We may obtain additional information about you from third parties like demographic data (for example, your gender, age, and census records, etc.), location data (for example, designated market area, zip code, etc.). We may combine the data we collect from third parties with information in our records, including information about your use of the Services. We use this data, including as combined, as described in the “Use of Information” section below.
- How Do We Use the Information That We Collect?
We use the information we collect to provide and improve the Services and our network, to communicate with you, to deliver relevant advertising, to create measurement and analytics reports, and to provide additional features and offerings. Sometimes we use information that personally identifies you, such as when we are authenticating your account or communicating with you. We may also create, maintain, and use information in de-identified or aggregated forms that no longer identify you. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
To Provide and Improve the Services
We use the information we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the Services, including:
- set up and administration of your account
- maintaining records or your purchases and transactions using the Services; assessing credit and payment risk;
- billing and invoicing, including collections of all unpaid amounts;
- verifying access to your account;
- maintenance and operations, including management of the network and devices supporting our Services;
- providing customer support;
- sending you information or materials you request;
- improving our Services and identifying and developing new products and new services;
- analyzing how our customers are using the Services, including, for example, the amount of bandwidth being used, peak times of usage;
- marketing and advertising our Services to you;
- protecting our customers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, the Services;
- protecting our rights, our personnel, and our property; and
- complying with applicable laws and regulations.
To Communicate with You
We also use the information we collect to communicate with you. For example, we may use the contact information you provide to notify you of Services updates or the status of a service request or outages, to collect amounts you owe, or in connection with other activities related to the Services. We may provide you with notifications about the Services through emails, texts, calls, or by posting information through the Services.
- How Do We Share and Disclose Your Information?
We may disclose aggregated or de-identified information about our users (information that does not identify any individual user) without restriction. We otherwise limit the information we share and disclose to others about you or our other subscribers as described below.
No Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
We will not share, sell, license, rent, or otherwise permit access to information that personally identifies you to any third party to market its products or services to you. We will not sell or share any of your personally identifiable web browsing information or sensitive information (such as your financial or payment card information or Social Security number).
Corporate Transactions Such as a Merger
If we enter into a company merger or acquisition transaction or sell of all or a portion of our assets, information about you and your subscription, including information that personally identifies you, will probably be one of the items transferred as part of the transaction.
- Your Choices, Opt-Out
You may call Open Wireless customer service at 352-632-9434 to speak to a representative who can assist with your communication preferences, including such items as:
- your account communications and notifications;
- your marketing calls, texts, and direct mail preferences;
- your preference for door-to-door sales calls; and
- promotional or commercial emails Open Wireless may send to you.
If you prefer to contact Open Wireless in writing instead of by telephone, you may send a written request to the address listed below under “How Do I Contact Open Wireless?” You must include your name and address, your Open Wireless account number, and a daytime telephone number where we can reach you. The person who is identified in our billing records as the customer should sign the written request. If you have a joint account, a request by one party will apply to the entire account. If you have multiple accounts, you must separately identify each account covered by the request. If you are writing to opt-out of marketing calls, you must state the phone numbers or addresses that you wish to be placed on the relevant lists.
- Accessing and Correcting Information
You may correct or update information about your account as described below. We will correct our records upon reasonable verification that the changes you request are proper. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
- Other Important Information
Protecting the Information We Collect
We follow industry-standard practices to secure the information we collect to prevent the unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of information about our customers. These security practices include technical, administrative, and physical safeguards, which may vary, depending on the type and sensitivity of the information and are intended to protect the information you transmit to us from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Whenever your personal information is sent from your browser to our server, it is encrypted using server certificate technology via Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Although we take the responsibility of safeguarding your information seriously, we cannot guarantee that these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your information.
Open Wireless maintains information that personally identifies you in our regular business records while you subscribe to one or more of the Services. We also maintain this information for a period of time after you no longer subscribe to a Service if the information is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to satisfy legal requirements. These purposes typically include business, legal, or tax purposes. If these purposes no longer apply, we will destroy, de-identify, or anonymize the information according to our internal policies and procedures.
Your California Privacy Rights
The website and Services are not directed or provided to residents of the state of California.
Children Under the Age of 13
The website and the Services are not directed to, and Open Wireless does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Contact Open Wireless
Open Wireless Internet, LLC
PO Box 687
Minneola, FL 34755